Friday 8 August 2014

INTRODUCING Free Range 2014

 

INTRODUCING FREE RANGE

Roaming free range on this earth and getting lost and found a thousand times over since 2012


How fortunate I am, it blows me away continuously. Scaling mountain peaks in the Himalayas, exploring ocean floors around the Asian continent and honing surf skills in Central America with new and old friends. I sit here on a plane, time traveling back to the future from Cuba to Mexico bracing for another surreal culture change, and I know good fortune continues to follow me like a haze.
Last night I sat in a cloud of cigar smoke on a Cuban rooftop while the sun set over the Havana skyline and tonight I’ll be sitting on my board watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean in Mexico. I shake my head and smile.
Traveling can be challenging, funny, stressful, exciting, lonely, and fulfilling along with a million other brilliant and contradictory things so I continue while I can. It’s a shame to miss both trivial and important things back home (an engagement, another baby, another birthday, a familiar place to lay my head… I miss it all), but I choose this awesome path nonetheless.
Inspired by a long string of sporadic Facebook posts, one-line journal entries and infrequent family emails I’ve belatedly created this blog to record and share my travels.
As I approach the two year mark I still have no end date in sight but as a rule of thumb I’ve long been answering the question with “about another year”. SO until then…

Join me by blog or by plane ticket, but either way I look forward to sharing the rest of my journey with you, my most excellent family and friends. Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment